- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium red cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds) - cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 navel oranges
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cabbage, onion, and parsley and toss to combine.
- Cut away the peel and white pith of the oranges. Slice the fruit into thin half-moons and gently fold into the cabbage. Refrigerate, covered, tossing occasionally, for 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.