- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed
- 1/4 pound asparagus, peeled and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place the asparagus on baking sheet and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Stir in the sour cream, spinach, asparagus, Parmesan, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat 1/3 of the remaining oil. Make 4 pancakes (about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake) and cook until golden brown and slightly puffed, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Working in batches, make a total of 12 pancakes, adding oil as necessary.