Asparagus and Soft Eggs on Toast
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat broiler. Place the bread and asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Broil until the bread is toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side; transfer the bread to plates. Continue broiling the asparagus, tossing once, until tender, 4 to 8 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Carefully lower the eggs into the water. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 6 minutes. Cool under running water and peel.
- Divide the asparagus among the toast, sprinkle on the Parmesan, and top with the eggs.
- Per Serving
- Calories 348Calories From Fat 51%
- Protein 20g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5mg
- Calcium 188mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 626mg
- Cholesterol 428mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.