- 1pound asparagus
- 1/4cup rice vinegar
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2cups baby arugula or mesclun salad
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat. Peel the asparagus stalks and trim the ends. Cut the stalks diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Blanch in boiling water 3 minutes or until bright green. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, and salt. Add the asparagus and toss until well combined.
- To serve, mound some salad greens on each of 4 plates. Spoon the dressed asparagus onto the greens and sprinkle with sesame seeds.