Asparagus and Ricotta Pizzas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- cornmeal, for the baking sheet
- 1 pound asparagus, halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 5 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets.
- Dividing evenly, top the dough with the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic, then the ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake, switching the pans halfway through, until the crust is golden brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Top the pizzas with the arugula just before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 621
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 57mg
- Sodium 1,335mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 433mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .