Asparagus With Prosciutto Chips
Serves 4-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 small bunches (about 1 3/4 pounds) asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until crisped, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Add the oil, salt, and pepper and toss. Break the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over the asparagus.
- Per Serving
- Calories 59Calories From Fat 46%
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Sodium 350mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 5g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .