Asparagus-Goat Cheese Pasta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat. Peel the asparagus stalks and trim the ends. Cut the stalks into 2-inch pieces.
- Blanch the asparagus in the boiling water for 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp-tender when tested with a small knife. Remove with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to the label directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour.
- Add the broth and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Blend in the goat cheese and lemon peel.
- Toss the spaghetti with the asparagus, sauce, and half the Parmesan. Serve with pepper to taste and the remaining Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 388
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 29mg
- Sodium 432mg
- Protein 19mg
- Fiber 3g
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 182mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When shopping for asparagus, look for bright green or violet-tinged spears with firm (not limp) stems. Make sure the tips are closed and compact. When the bunch is squeezed, it should squeak.