- 1 small head bok choy, thickly sliced, or 4 baby bok choy, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced on a diagonal
- zest from 1/2 orange, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- Heat oven to 400° F. Tear off four 15-inch squares of parchment paper or aluminum foil and arrange on 2 baking sheets.
- Divide the bok choy and bell pepper evenly among the squares, place the halibut fillets on top, sprinkle with black pepper, and top with the scallions and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and ginger. Spoon the mixture evenly over the halibut.
- Top each fillet with another square of parchment or foil and fold the edges over several times to seal. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Transfer each packet to a plate. Serve with a knife to slit open the package. Be careful of the steam that will escape.