Asian Steak Salad With Mango
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger (found in the international aisle of the market)
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into strips (about 7 cups)
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the lettuce, mango, bell pepper, basil, and scallions and toss to combine. Gently fold in the steak and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Per Serving
- Calories 287
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 377mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 15g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 69mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make this crisp salad into a hearty next-day lunch: Tuck the leftovers into a toasted baguette spread with wasabi mayonnaise, wrap tightly, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.