Asian Noodle Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, cut in half
- 4 ounces dry rice noodles
- 1/2 cup shiitake or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- hot chili oil (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the broth, lemongrass, and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Discard the ginger.
- Add the noodles and mushrooms and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the scallions.
- Divide the noodles and broth among bowls. Top with the bean sprouts, basil, and chili oil, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 158Calories From Fat 29
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 546mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 48mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .