3.75-ounce package cellophane (bean thread) or thin rice noodles
shiitake or other mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth
low-sodium soy sauce
grated fresh ginger
chili sauce or hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)
scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
carrots, thinly sliced
green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and cut into 3-inch lengths.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, ginger, and chili sauce (if desired) and combine. Bring to a boil.
- Add the scallions, carrots, and green beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup over the top.