- 1 3.75-ounce package cellophane (bean thread) or thin rice noodles
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 8ounces shiitake or other mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 6cups vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1teaspoon chili sauce or hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)
- 4 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and cut into 3-inch lengths.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, ginger, and chili sauce (if desired) and combine. Bring to a boil.
- Add the scallions, carrots, and green beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup over the top.