Asian Dumpling Soup With Shiitakes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 32-ounce containers low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 16-ounce package frozen pot sticker dumplings or Japanese gyoza
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake or white mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- kosher salt
- 4 scallions, sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth and ginger to a boil.
- Add the pot stickers and carrots and simmer until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and edamame and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the watercress, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with the scallions before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 327
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 889mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 117mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .