Asian Chicken With Brussels Sprouts
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and carrots and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the scallions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 246Calories From Fat 11%
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 843mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 32g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For an extra boost of flavor, sprinkle the dish with aromatic toasted sesame oil just before serving.