- 1/3cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3cup rice vinegar
- 1/4cup dark brown sugar
- 2tablespoons grated ginger
- 2cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 8ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and carrots and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the scallions.