Arugula Salad With Dates and Bacon
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 strips bacon
- 8 cups arugula (from 2 bunches)
- 8 dates (such as Medjool), pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 2 ounces Parmesan, broken or cut into small chunks (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, dates, almonds, and Parmesan; set aside.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of the warm drippings into a small bowl. Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and oil and whisk until combined. Drizzle the warm vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- Divide among plates and top with the bacon, crumbling it if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 325Calories From Fat 55%
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 787mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 14g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To toast nuts, brown them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.