- 12 strips bacon
- 8cups arugula (from 2 bunches)
- 8 dates (such as Medjool), pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4cup (1 ounce) roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 2 ounces Parmesan, broken or cut into small chunks (about 1/3 cup)
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the arugula, dates, almonds, and Parmesan; set aside.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of the warm drippings into a small bowl. Add the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and oil and whisk until combined. Drizzle the warm vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- Divide among plates and top with the bacon, crumbling it if desired.