- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups farro
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the farro and wine and cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed.
- Stir in the broth, 1 cup at a time (waiting until each addition of broth is absorbed before adding the next), and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes total.
- Stir in the arugula and Parmesan.