Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for the surface
- 2 9-inch refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 Empire, Gala, or Cortland apples, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F. On a lightly floured surface, place one piecrust on top of the other and roll out the stack to form one 16-inch circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread 1/4 cup of the preserves on the crust, leaving a 2-inch border.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples, pears, flour, lemon juice, ginger, cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Transfer to the crust, leaving the border clear. Fold the edges of the crust over the fruit mixture.
- Brush the egg on the crust and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of sugar. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of preserves and 1 tablespoon water over medium heat until liquid, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush on the fruit. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 378Calories From Fat 35%
- Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 36mg
- Carbohydrate 59g
- Sodium 210mg
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 27g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .