Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 6 Golden Delicious apples (about 3 pounds), peeled, cored, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a shallow baking dish, combine the apples, honey, pecans, lime zest, and juice. Toss and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and butter. Using your fingertips, work the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 309.82Calories From Fat 33%
- Calcium 32.49mg
- Carbohydrate 53.6g
- Cholesterol 12.9mg
- Fat 11.32g
- Fiber 4.15g
- Iron 1.34mg
- Protein 2.59mg
- Sat Fat 3.66g
- Sodium 8.88mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .