- 6 Golden Delicious apples (about 3 pounds), peeled, cored, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a shallow baking dish, combine the apples, honey, pecans, lime zest, and juice. Toss and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and butter. Using your fingertips, work the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.