- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled
- 1 large russet potato, peeled
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Whisk the eggs, flour, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl until combined.
- Shred the onion using the large holes of a box grater or the grating attachment of a food processor.
- Shred the potato using the large holes of a box grater or the grating attachment of a food processor. Repeat this step for the apples.
- Working in batches, place the potato, apples, and onions in a dish towel, and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Add the potato, apples, and onions to the egg mixture, and toss with your hands to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, drop the potato batter into the pan by the heaping spoonful, keeping the pancakes about two inches apart.
- Flatten each latke with the back of a spoon and cook until golden brown, two to three minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain.
- Serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup.