- 1cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4cup cottage cheese
- 1cup whole milk
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4cup sour cream
- 1cup applesauce
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place the pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, cottage cheese, milk, oil, and 1/4 cup of the sour cream. Stir the wet ingredients into the pancake mix and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest according to the pancake-mix label directions (or for 5 minutes if you make your own mix).
- Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or cooking spray over medium-high heat. Spoon or pour about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon of the applesauce onto one half of each pancake; fold in half and top with some of the remaining sour cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
This recipe makes 10 to 12 pancakes.