Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound rotini, fusilli, or other short pasta
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound bocconcini or mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 15- to 19-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 1/2 ounces sliced hard salami, cut into strips
- 1 9-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 6-ounce jar roasted red peppers (about 4), cut into strips
- 1/2 16-ounce jar pepperoncini (hot Tuscan peppers), drained (about 12)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Remove from cooking water with a slotted spoon, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender. Remove the green beans, rinse, and drain with the pasta.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, blend the garlic, mustard, and vinegars. Slowly whisk in the oil and add salt to taste.
- In a very large bowl, toss the pasta with the dressing and stir in the bocconcini, garbanzos, salami, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, pepperoncini, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. The salad may be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Per Serving
- Calories 411
- Calcium 72mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Cholesterol 74mg
- Fat 32g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 18mg
- Sat Fat 12g
- Sodium 2208mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .