- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup bottled red wine vinegar dressing
- 1 small head romaine, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1 12-ounce jar pepperoncini, drained
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into halves (if not already halved)
- 1 cup oil-cured black olives
- 8 ounces marinated bocconcini, or 1 large mozzarella ball, cut into strips
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- In a food processor, puree the basil and dressing until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, artichokes, olives, bocconcini, pepperoni, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss with the basil dressing.