rotini, fusilli, or other short pasta
green beans, trimmed
garlic cloves, minced
red wine vinegar
bocconcini or mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
15- to 19-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
sliced hard salami, cut into strips
9-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
6-ounce jar roasted red peppers (about 4), cut into strips
16-ounce jar pepperoncini (hot Tuscan peppers), drained (about 12)
dried hot red pepper flakes
loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Remove from cooking water with a slotted spoon, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender. Remove the green beans, rinse, and drain with the pasta.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, blend the garlic, mustard, and vinegars. Slowly whisk in the oil and add salt to taste.
- In a very large bowl, toss the pasta with the dressing and stir in the bocconcini, garbanzos, salami, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, pepperoncini, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. The salad may be made up to 2 days in advance.