- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 12 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cool.
- Divide the cake, strawberries, and pineapple among individual plates.
- Add the zest to the lime syrup and drizzle over the fruit and cake.