- 4 Kirby cucumbers (about 1 pound), quartered lengthwise
- 3/4cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 small sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon dill seed
- 1teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt
- Place the cucumbers in a 1-quart jar or some other container with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, onion, garlic, sugar, dill seed, peppercorns, bay leaf, 2 teaspoons salt, and ¾ cup hot tap water. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jar with the cucumbers, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 day before serving. The pickles will last up to 1 week.