- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 3.5-ounce (or one 7 ounce) milk chocolate bunnies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9-inch springform pan or round cake pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Pulse ½ cup oats in the bowl of a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the ground oats, almond flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, confectioners’ sugar, and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix to lightly combine. Add the butter; mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Prick the dough with a fork, and use a knife to score the shortbread into 16 even wedges. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap, and bake for 20 minutes or until very lightly golden. Let cool, then slice the shortbread along the scored lines.
- While the shortbread is cooling, combine the chocolate bunnies with the canola oil in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring in 30-second increments. Dip the wide end of each shortbread wedge into the chocolate, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate-dipped section with the toasted almonds. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.