- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1¼ cups raw almonds
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, leaving an over-hang on all sides.
- Pulse the oats, flour, and 1 cup of the almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt; pulse to combine. Reserve ½ cup of the crumble mixture. Press the remaining mixture into the prepared pan using a straight-sided dry measuring cup or glass.
- Spread the jam over the bottom crust. Coarsely chop the remaining ¼ cup of almonds. Scatter the almonds and reserved crumble mixture over the jam.
- Bake until golden brown and set in the middle, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Holding the paper overhang, transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 12 bars. The bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tip: The bars can be frozen for up to 1 month. To make them lunch box-ready, wrap them individually in plastic wrap, then place in a resealable plastic freezer bag.