Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 hamburger or hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs (such as oregano, thyme, basil, or an Italian herb mix)
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Cut the buns into 1-inch pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with the butter, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and the herbs, and toss. Bake, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sheet of parchment or foil and croutons off the pan to a counter to cool. (You can store the croutons in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.)
- Per Serving
- Calories 136Calories From Fat 66%
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Sodium 339mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.