- 1tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2cup creamy peanut butter
- 4cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1cup white rice
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/4cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes (and their juices), tomato paste, peanut butter, broth, vinegar, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the scallions and peanuts.