- Assess the clutter.
- Donate or toss.
checklists to your profile.
Organizing & Home Improvement
Shortcuts and strategies for keeping your house in order.
Expert design blogger Holly Becker of decor8blog.com shares budget-friendly tips.
Paint a piece of furniture that needs freshening up.A new color can make a dramatic difference. Head to a home store or local paint shop and ask where they keep cans of paints that customers didn’t end up taking, or ones that have been returned due to incorrect color choices. You can walk away with an entire gallon for a quarter of the price.Get started
most popular checklists
Popular Organizing & Home Improvement Content
browse all checklists
- Assess your closet.
- Rejigger the height of your shelves.
- Have a spare key made.
- Make the bed with clean sheets.
- Decide how much you can spend.
- Check your credit reports to find out your status.
- Make small fixes.
- Decide whether to work with an agent or self-sell.