- Remove any ashes.
- Clean the grate.
checklists to your profile.
Whether you need to deep-clean or just tidy up, make sure you have the right tools to get the job done.
Take your pantry from jumbled to just-right in 15 minutes.
Minutes 1 to 3:Move the trash can near the pantry. Empty shelves onto the counter, tossing out anything expired or suspicious (old cracker boxes, ancient bags of flour, outdated canned goods). Most dried herbs and ground spices should be replaced every six months (jot down those you throw away so you’ll remember to replace them); goods like honey and brown sugar can last forever.Get started
most popular checklists
browse all checklists
- Dust the furniture.
- Clean the upholstery.
- Dust the tops and the spines.
- Carefully rub dirty spots off cloth-covered books with a microfiber cloth.
- Dust the outsides.
- “Clean” the insides.
- Pop off the blades and any other removable parts.
- Hand wash the blender carafe and the food-processor bowl using warm, soapy water.
- Smudge petroleum jelly on a cloth.
- Remove the lint trap.
- Dust the furnishings.
- Sanitize the telephone and remote controls.
- Make sure the stovetop is cool.
- With a damp paper towel, wipe crumbs off the stovetop.
- Wipe down the towel racks, toilet-paper holder, hooks, and other fixtures.
- Work around wall mountings, if necessary.