- Remove any ashes.
- Clean the grate.
checklists to your profile.
Whether you need to deep-clean or just tidy up, make sure you have the right tools to get the job done.
You have just five minutes to clean your bathroom? Here’s how to use them.
Minute 1:Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into the toilet bowl and let the bubbles do their magic. Toss used towels in a pile outside the door; stash odds and ends (brushes, hair dryer) in drawers or a pretty basket. Get rid of melty soap bars and lingering chips.Get started
most popular checklists
browse all checklists
- Dust the furniture.
- Clean the upholstery.
Laundry day is easier than ever when you incorporate a few pre-emptive measures and the right troubleshooting tools into your routine.
- Remove the padded topper.
- Wipe down all sides of the changing table.
- Dust the tops and the spines.
- Carefully rub dirty spots off cloth-covered books with a microfiber cloth.
- Pop off the blades and any other removable parts.
- Hand wash the blender carafe and the food-processor bowl using warm, soapy water.
- Smudge petroleum jelly on a cloth.
- Remove the lint trap.
- Sanitize the telephone and remote controls.
- Do the windows.
- Make sure the stovetop is cool.
- With a damp paper towel, wipe crumbs off the stovetop.