- Send the invitations.
- Plan a stress-free menu.
New!Sign in to save
checklists to your profile.Return to all Checklists »
checklists to your profile.
Holidays & Entertaining
Company’s coming? The basics of entertaining, from how much to serve to stress-free party ideas.
Use this timeline to help plan and prep your make-ahead Thanksgiving dinner menu.
Make the cider glaze for the Cider-Glazed Turkey; refrigerate.Get started
most popular checklists
browse all checklists
- Make an invitation list.
- Decide on a theme, if you want one.
- Choose a theme, if you want one.
- Extend invitations.
- 1. Create a holiday planning binder to stay on track over the holidays.
- 2. About a month before the holidays, write a list of the people for whom you will be buying gifts,
- Update your address list.
- Write a list of the people to whom you will be sending cards,
- Discuss with your child what kind of party he or she wants and whom to invite.
- Pick a date.
- If you don’t already have one in mind, select a charity to donate your earnings to.
- Solicit volunteers by posting sign-up sheets, sending e-mails, or making phone calls.
- Decide which recipes you want to make, keeping in mind that there’s only so much one person―and one kitchen―can do. If you really do need 10 side dishes, look for recipes that use the same oven temperature, so they can cook at the same time, says Bluysen.After you narrow down your menu, reread the recipes that remain. Most can be broken into steps that you can do ahead of time. Then make a list of what you want to get done on each of the days leading up to Thanksgiving, says Bluysen. “I really think if you go through it enough times, you will be more relaxed,” she says.
- Reserve a coatrack at a local party-rental supply.
- Have a spare key made.
- Make the bed with clean sheets.
Kate Middleton‘s immaculate outfits have been the highlight of her New Zea...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
In an attempt to help quell measles outbreaks, researchers have created a...
Relative to some holidays, Easter brunch can be just as stunning when kept simpl...
from POPSUGAR Home
You'll be face palming in no time. Read more: Cut Tomato , ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Interior designer Alice Black enjoyed working on this house so much, she woul...