- Send the invitations.
- Plan a stress-free menu.
New!Sign in to save
checklists to your profile.Return to all Checklists »
checklists to your profile.
Holidays & Entertaining
Company’s coming? The basics of entertaining, from how much to serve to stress-free party ideas.
Everything you need to know about showering the bride-to-be.
Pick a date.Showers should be held about two weeks to two months before the wedding. Earlier is better.Get started
most popular checklists
browse all checklists
- Make an invitation list.
- Decide on a theme, if you want one.
- 1. Create a holiday planning binder to stay on track over the holidays.
- 2. About a month before the holidays, write a list of the people for whom you will be buying gifts,
- Update your address list.
- Write a list of the people to whom you will be sending cards,
- Discuss with your child what kind of party he or she wants and whom to invite.
- Pick a date.
- If you don’t already have one in mind, select a charity to donate your earnings to.
- Solicit volunteers by posting sign-up sheets, sending e-mails, or making phone calls.
- Make the cider glaze for the Cider-Glazed Turkey; refrigerate.
- Make the gravy base for the Bourbon Gravy; refrigerate. (Alternatively, make and freeze up to 1 month in advance.)
- Decide which recipes you want to make, keeping in mind that there’s only so much one person―and one kitchen―can do. If you really do need 10 side dishes, look for recipes that use the same oven temperature, so they can cook at the same time, says Bluysen.After you narrow down your menu, reread the recipes that remain. Most can be broken into steps that you can do ahead of time. Then make a list of what you want to get done on each of the days leading up to Thanksgiving, says Bluysen. “I really think if you go through it enough times, you will be more relaxed,” she says.
- Have a spare key made.
- Make the bed with clean sheets.
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Technology and medicine are working together in a smart new way - by putting sp...
The allure of living in a sprawling prefab nestled on a scenic plot of land is u...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When architect Jeff Sherman found this row house in the Prospect Heights neighb...