- Send the invitations.
- Plan a stress-free menu.
New!Sign in to save
checklists to your profile.Return to all Checklists »
checklists to your profile.
Holidays & Entertaining
Company’s coming? The basics of entertaining, from how much to serve to stress-free party ideas.
What you’ll need for a tasting party of 12 people.
3/4 pound blue cheeseGet started
most popular checklists
browse all checklists
- Make an invitation list.
- Decide on a theme, if you want one.
- 1. Create a holiday planning binder to stay on track over the holidays.
- 2. About a month before the holidays, write a list of the people for whom you will be buying gifts,
- Super Bowl decorations
- Coolers, buckets, or small tubs for drinks
- Discuss with your child what kind of party he or she wants.
- Decide whom to invite.
- Decide on the tone and theme of the club.
- Spread the word.
- Decide which recipes you want to make, keeping in mind that there’s only so much one person―and one kitchen―can do. If you really do need 10 side dishes, look for recipes that use the same oven temperature, so they can cook at the same time, says Bluysen. After you narrow down your menu, reread the recipes that remain. Most can be broken into steps that you can do ahead of time. Then make a list of what you want to get done on each of the days leading up to Thanksgiving, says Bluysen. “I really think if you go through it enough times, you will be more relaxed,” she says.
- Reserve a coatrack at a local party-rental supply.
- Have a spare key made.
- Make the bed with clean sheets.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Researchers are closer than ever to finding a cure for Alzheimer's disease, but...
If your studio apartment is starting to feel more claustrophobic than cute, list...
from POPSUGAR Home
At once sad and incredibly heartwarming. Read more: Farmers Tast...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
We’ve probably all looked at a particular room in our house and thought there w...