- Make a list of everything you need.
- Plan your menu around what’s in season.
checklists to your profile.
Kitchen & Food
Stock your pantry with essential ingredients, find ways to streamline grocery shopping and dinner prep, and get lists of must-have kitchen tools.
Are you an avid cook or baker? For a well-stocked pantry, supplement the items on Real Simple’s Basic Spice List with the following.
AllspiceThough it tastes like a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, this aromatic seasoning is really just a single spice. It complements both sweet dishes (think apple and pumpkin pies) and savory dishes (such as Caribbean jerk chicken).Get started
most popular checklists
browse all checklists
- Canned tomatoes
- Dried pasta
- Wash, trim, and chop vegetables and herbs.
- Peel and cut up potatoes.
- A dark-tinted glass bottle or a tin.
- “Extra virgin” on the label.
- Chili sauce
- Chinese mushrooms, dried
- Beans, canned
- Beans, dried
- Remove the grill lid and grill grate; open all air vents.
- Place a few pieces of crumpled newspaper in the bottom of the chimney, place the chimney on the bottom grill grate, and fill the upper chamber with charcoal or briquettes.
- Dried fruit