3 Eye Problems, Fixed
Dark CirclesThe culprit: That purply color is usually caused by dark veins showing through. Some people have genetically thinner and more see-through skin under their eyes, but skin also becomes increasingly translucent as collagen decreases with age. Dark circles can also form when the tiny channels inside veins under the eyes weaken over time; this causes the veins to dilate and the blood inside to pool. A lack of sleep can make blood vessels dilate, too.
- Use an eye cream to plump skin from the outside, which will make the veins underneath a little less visible. Choose one with subtle light-reflecting pigments to further brighten the area and gentle skin-lightening ingredients, such as kojic acid and vitamin K.
- Opt for a concealer with a yellow undertone, which neutralizes the purple tone of dark circles. Apply concealer with a thin makeup brush. Start at the inner corners, where the circles are darkest, and gently pat outward to where darkness fades, usually about halfway across the lower lids. Tap gently with a finger to blend.
- Avoid plum and blue eye shadows, which accentuate circles, and stick to neutral colors, such as taupe and mocha.
Products to Try:
- B.Kamins Eye Cream, $60, bkamins.com.
- Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue, $100, peterthomasroth.com.
- Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer, $29.50, lancome-usa.com.
Next: You Might Also Like...
“Product buildup can cause highlights to lose their shine. To prevent that sad result from happening to you, follow the advice of Kyle White, the lead stylist at the Oscar Blandi salon, in New York...”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Susan G. Komen for the Cure has a new CEO. ...
If you're looking to spice up a bland bedroom, take cues from designer Gran...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Who needs a run-of-the-mill clay pot when you have a customized animal-inspired ...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
There's no need to limit your sink to what's on store shelves. Repurposing any ...