3 Eye Problems, Fixed
Dark CirclesThe culprit: That purply color is usually caused by dark veins showing through. Some people have genetically thinner and more see-through skin under their eyes, but skin also becomes increasingly translucent as collagen decreases with age. Dark circles can also form when the tiny channels inside veins under the eyes weaken over time; this causes the veins to dilate and the blood inside to pool. A lack of sleep can make blood vessels dilate, too.
- Use an eye cream to plump skin from the outside, which will make the veins underneath a little less visible. Choose one with subtle light-reflecting pigments to further brighten the area and gentle skin-lightening ingredients, such as kojic acid and vitamin K.
- Opt for a concealer with a yellow undertone, which neutralizes the purple tone of dark circles. Apply concealer with a thin makeup brush. Start at the inner corners, where the circles are darkest, and gently pat outward to where darkness fades, usually about halfway across the lower lids. Tap gently with a finger to blend.
- Avoid plum and blue eye shadows, which accentuate circles, and stick to neutral colors, such as taupe and mocha.
Products to Try:
- B.Kamins Eye Cream, $60, skinstore.com.
- Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue, $100, peterthomasroth.com.
- Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer, $30, lancome-usa.com.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“As much as I consider myself to be up on the latest beauty trends, I was sadly behind on the whole coconut oil craze (in fact, I first heard about it in the comments section of a blog entry I posted...”
Everyone agrees embarrassment can be excruciating. But is the emotion all bad? Discover its surprising upside—and learn how to get over it more easily—with this expert advice for kids and adults.
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Your doctor can do more than just treat your symptoms in the office. Here are f...
A christening of sorts, a housewarming is definitely one of those parties every ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The front door was in the wrong place. Thats what stood out to architect Jeff T...