3 Eye Problems, Fixed
Dark CirclesThe culprit: That purply color is usually caused by dark veins showing through. Some people have genetically thinner and more see-through skin under their eyes, but skin also becomes increasingly translucent as collagen decreases with age. Dark circles can also form when the tiny channels inside veins under the eyes weaken over time; this causes the veins to dilate and the blood inside to pool. A lack of sleep can make blood vessels dilate, too.
- Use an eye cream to plump skin from the outside, which will make the veins underneath a little less visible. Choose one with subtle light-reflecting pigments to further brighten the area and gentle skin-lightening ingredients, such as kojic acid and vitamin K.
- Opt for a concealer with a yellow undertone, which neutralizes the purple tone of dark circles. Apply concealer with a thin makeup brush. Start at the inner corners, where the circles are darkest, and gently pat outward to where darkness fades, usually about halfway across the lower lids. Tap gently with a finger to blend.
- Avoid plum and blue eye shadows, which accentuate circles, and stick to neutral colors, such as taupe and mocha.
Products to Try:
- B.Kamins Eye Cream, $60, skinstore.com.
- Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue, $100, peterthomasroth.com.
- Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer, $30.50, lancome-usa.com.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you know that the secret to glowing locks is in your kitchen? According to our colleagues at InStyle.com, to make your highlights shimmer, add one tablespoon of honey to your favorite...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An experimental Ebola drug healed all 18 monkeys infected with the deadly virus...
Source: Natalie Franke A great bar setup is an important component in a glamorou...
from POPSUGAR Home
We want them all. Read more: Food Bloggers Cookbooks , Food Blo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
I’m a big fan of Baptisia . There are many species, most underutilized, but th...