3 Eye Problems, Fixed
Dark CirclesThe culprit: That purply color is usually caused by dark veins showing through. Some people have genetically thinner and more see-through skin under their eyes, but skin also becomes increasingly translucent as collagen decreases with age. Dark circles can also form when the tiny channels inside veins under the eyes weaken over time; this causes the veins to dilate and the blood inside to pool. A lack of sleep can make blood vessels dilate, too.
- Use an eye cream to plump skin from the outside, which will make the veins underneath a little less visible. Choose one with subtle light-reflecting pigments to further brighten the area and gentle skin-lightening ingredients, such as kojic acid and vitamin K.
- Opt for a concealer with a yellow undertone, which neutralizes the purple tone of dark circles. Apply concealer with a thin makeup brush. Start at the inner corners, where the circles are darkest, and gently pat outward to where darkness fades, usually about halfway across the lower lids. Tap gently with a finger to blend.
- Avoid plum and blue eye shadows, which accentuate circles, and stick to neutral colors, such as taupe and mocha.
Products to Try:
- B.Kamins Eye Cream, $60, skinstore.com.
- Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue, $100, peterthomasroth.com.
- Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer, $30, lancome-usa.com.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“A few months back, I posted about my nail-biting habit. I got many great ideas about how to quit from all of you. I thought I’d follow up and let you know that, although I have not kicked the habit...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Two recent deaths and increased emergency room visits in Colorado have highligh...
Our recipe for instant Spring can be pulled off in just a day - no time-consumin...
from POPSUGAR Home
You can now buy a six-pack of beer flavored lollipops. Yep, we're intereste...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
A lot has been written about the innovative spirit of San Francisco and its env...