How to Find Comfortable Shoes
Relief at last! Foolproof tips on picking comfortable pumps, flats, and sandals.
Tips for Finding a Comfortable Flat
- Look for sturdy construction. "Try to push in the area around the heel," says Meghan Cleary, author of The Perfect Fit: What Your Shoes Say About You (Chronicle Books, $13, amazon.com). "If the heel collapses enough to touch the insole, the shoe is not supportive."
- Hold each end of a shoe and try to twist it. If the shoe bends too much, it won't be supportive.
- Look for flats with a little bit of a heel if you have high arches. Heels provide relief from foot pain.
- Buy shoes with leather or rubber soles for optimum shock absorption.
- Wear only shoes that have leather or suede insoles. Breathable and pliable, they help prevent chafing and blistering, and they mold to the feet.
- Search for round-toe flats. They follow the shape of the foot and allow the toes to move.
- Avoid slippage and cuts on your heel by finding a shoe with a back that fits snugly and holds your foot securely.
Read More About:Shoes