The Best Boots for Your Legs
Boots: Two Annoying Problems and How to Solve Them
“My Favorite Pair Just Doesn’t Fit”
A good shoe-repair shop can make surprising alterations.
- Stretch the shafts up to a half inch: $25 to $50.
- Widen the shafts by adding up to three inches of extra material: $50 to $200.
- Insert an elastic gusset in each boot: $40 to $120.
- Take in the shafts up to six inches: $80 to $140.
- Widen the toe boxes up to a half inch: $15 to $25.
- Shorten the shafts: $40 to $100.
No reputable cobblers near you? NuShoe.com has a mail-order repair service.
“I Can Never Find My Size”
Do your feet fall on the small or large end of the spectrum? Bookmark these especially accommodating sites.
Most Popular Galleries
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.