The Best Boots for Your Legs
Boots: Two Annoying Problems and How to Solve Them
“My Favorite Pair Just Doesn’t Fit”
A good shoe-repair shop can make surprising alterations.
- Stretch the shafts up to a half inch: $25 to $50.
- Widen the shafts by adding up to three inches of extra material: $50 to $200.
- Insert an elastic gusset in each boot: $40 to $120.
- Take in the shafts up to six inches: $80 to $140.
- Widen the toe boxes up to a half inch: $15 to $25.
- Shorten the shafts: $40 to $100.
No reputable cobblers near you? NuShoe.com has a mail-order repair service.
“I Can Never Find My Size”
Do your feet fall on the small or large end of the spectrum? Bookmark these especially accommodating sites.
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.