Products with this seal from the Natural Products Association, a trade group for the beauty and home-care industry, are composed of at least 95 percent natural ingredients, excluding water. “Natural” means coming from a renewable source in nature, like plants and minerals (but not petroleum, which, though it is a by-product of natural crude oil, is nonrenewable and may contain impurities). The remaining 5 percent must have no readily available natural alternatives and cannot be suspected of any health risk, as verified by peer-reviewed third-party scientific papers.
Real Simple Digital Products
No Time to Cook? App
A selection of 900 (and growing) delicious, easy recipes you can prepare in as little as 20 minutes.
Create to-dos from scratch or choose from 100+ custom lists.
Wedding Checklists App
Take the stress out of planning your special day.
Weeknight Meal Planner
Get five complete weeknight dinner plans emailed to you each week.