Learn the 3 steps for everyday application―and a few tricks to give your look a boost.
Step 1: Even Out Your Skin Tone
If You Want a Basic Look: Use Concealer
- Using a fine, densely bristled brush, apply a small amount to the inner corner under the eye.
- Draw a crisscross over any redness or discoloration that needs to be covered. (This distributes color more evenly.) Cover the top of a pimple rather than the area around it.
- Using your index finger, blend with a light tapping motion.
Pitfalls to Avoid
- Choose the right shade: If your concealer is too light, it will accentuate dark patches.
- Don't rub the makeup from side to side, which will actually remove the product from the skin. Pat it gently.
- Keep concealer away from the outer corners of the eyes, where it can highlight fine lines.
If You Want a Boost: Use Foundation
- Look for areas that are discolored or need evening out.
- Using a flat foundation brush, a wedge sponge, or your fingers, lightly dab a small amount of the product in the center of these areas only (not the whole face).
- Blend the color into your skin working in downward and outward strokes so that fine hairs on the skin lie smoothly in the direction of their growth.
- Apply concealer over foundation.
Pitfalls to Avoid
- Don't slather foundation all over, like moisturizer.
- Remember to blend along the hairline, under the jawline, and in front of the ears to avoid a makeup "mask."
“It’s possible that espadrilles are the ultimate spring shoe. They unmistakably welcome warmer weather, but they provide enough protection (and warmth) for those days that just didn’t quite get the...”
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Inspired by a video exploring the damage caused by sugary foods, one family wen...
If you're itching to give your space a Spring makeover . . ....
from POPSUGAR Home
Slightly creepy, but an all-star cuddler. Read more: Food Gear ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The dream of a summer lake house seems to exist for a lot of us, perhaps plante...