Learn the 3 steps for everyday application―and a few tricks to give your look a boost.
Step 1: Even Out Your Skin Tone
If You Want a Basic Look: Use Concealer
- Using a fine, densely bristled brush, apply a small amount to the inner corner under the eye.
- Draw a crisscross over any redness or discoloration that needs to be covered. (This distributes color more evenly.) Cover the top of a pimple rather than the area around it.
- Using your index finger, blend with a light tapping motion.
Pitfalls to Avoid
- Choose the right shade: If your concealer is too light, it will accentuate dark patches.
- Don't rub the makeup from side to side, which will actually remove the product from the skin. Pat it gently.
- Keep concealer away from the outer corners of the eyes, where it can highlight fine lines.
If You Want a Boost: Use Foundation
- Look for areas that are discolored or need evening out.
- Using a flat foundation brush, a wedge sponge, or your fingers, lightly dab a small amount of the product in the center of these areas only (not the whole face).
- Blend the color into your skin working in downward and outward strokes so that fine hairs on the skin lie smoothly in the direction of their growth.
- Apply concealer over foundation.
Pitfalls to Avoid
- Don't slather foundation all over, like moisturizer.
- Remember to blend along the hairline, under the jawline, and in front of the ears to avoid a makeup "mask."
Most Popular Galleries
“A strapless silhouette may be relegated to post-work events, but that doesn't mean you can't flaunt your favorite frock at the office....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
We lost one of the greats when actor James Gandolfini, died of a possible heart...
You may have aged out of sleepaway camp but no one would blame you for missing i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
You don't even have to sign up for Match.com to do so....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
While many architects the world over build houses that bring the outside in, in...