Step 3: Set Your Space Back Up
Now that you know what you love and what you don’t, put everything back in a system that makes sense to you. Here are some suggestions:
- Put your special-occasion items in one special place you’ll access just for those big events.
- Put your everyday items in an easily accessible spot.
- Give away the good stuff you never wear to willing friends and family, and dump expired products.
- Put the remaining “I'll wear them eventually” items on your counter. Make a promise that if you don’t use them within a month, you’ll toss them or give them away.
- Designate a space just for duplicates and extras. Next time you run out of anything, check this area to see if you already have it on hand, before buying anything new.