How to Organize Your Beauty Products
Step 1: Clean Out Your Beauty Closet
Pull open all those drawers, dump out the baskets, and empty your cabinets. Once everything is out on the floor, place each
item into one of the following piles:
1. Special occasion items. Call it liquid confidence—liquid eyeliner, that is. Using these items is a luxurious experience that makes you feel like a movie star, though you wouldn't wear them to the office.
2. Items you use every day. These are the workhorses—the items that are appropriate for every occasion, the basics on which you build your beauty routine every day.
3. Things you never use or expired items. You have them for some reason...but just never use them.
4. Things you might use more if… Once you clean everything out, you might discover a Chanel compact you totally forgot about, nail polish in the perfect color that dried up when you left the top off or an item you've been meaning to try and haven't.
5. Duplicates. Shoot, you totally forgot you had deodorant and bought two more. Oh wait, five eye shadow palettes in brown?