5 Updated Evening Makeup Looks
Try Red Lipstick
What You Want
Bold red lips that are fresh and youthful.
How to Get the Look
- Choose a sheer lipstick formula, which creates a more natural look than a cream or a matte does.
- Apply lip balm and allow it to sink in for a few minutes.
- Blot lips with a tissue to remove excess balm, then define and fill in with a muted red or berry pencil. Line with the side of the pencil, not the tip.
- Use a lip brush to apply a thin, even layer of lip color. "Precision is essential for this look, and using a brush prevents the color from looking sloppy," says makeup artist Carlo Longo.
- With such a bold mouth, keep the eyes simple. A bit of black mascara on the top lashes is all you need.
Revlon Super Lustrous Shiny Sheers Lip Color in Sheer Ruby Radiance, $7 at drugstores.
Most Popular Galleries
“[Note: A version of this article first appeared in the March 2014 issue of Real Simple.] I mean, maybe I’ve never had a really, really good madeleine, but I find them a bit, shall we say, subtle. How...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
You already know snack foods like chips, crackers, and pretzels pack a lot of s...
Nothing says Spring like a light and bright space, and while the thought of deco...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
There are so many wonderfully hand-crafted, sustainably harvested, beautifully ...