5 Updated Evening Makeup Looks
Try Red Lipstick
What You Want
Bold red lips that are fresh and youthful.
How to Get the Look
- Choose a sheer lipstick formula, which creates a more natural look than a cream or a matte does.
- Apply lip balm and allow it to sink in for a few minutes.
- Blot lips with a tissue to remove excess balm, then define and fill in with a muted red or berry pencil. Line with the side of the pencil, not the tip.
- Use a lip brush to apply a thin, even layer of lip color. "Precision is essential for this look, and using a brush prevents the color from looking sloppy," says makeup artist Carlo Longo.
- With such a bold mouth, keep the eyes simple. A bit of black mascara on the top lashes is all you need.
Revlon Super Lustrous Shiny Sheers Lip Color in Sheer Ruby Radiance, $7 at drugstores.
Most Popular Galleries
“I often get asked how to avoid a clumpy mascara application. I just saw a new trick (which, after nearly 20 years in the industry is really saying something): Swipe the formula on your arm hairs...”
Emerald may have been the color of choice in 2013, but other gem-inspired jewel ...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
After his wife Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2003, Bob Carey decide...
Today's Daily Obsession features Lands' End! This classic brand is y...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Very few philosophers have tackled the subject of architecture, and when it has...