For Medium-Length Hair
What your hair lacks in length it makes up for in body, since it’s less weighed down than longer strands. Harness that fullness with accessories such as headbands and combs, which can bump hair up to new heights. And remember: Every piece need not be in place. Messy is modern.
- Prep damp hair with a golf ball–size pouf of mousse.
- Blow-dry straight with a round brush.
- With a fine-tooth comb, tease hair at the crown.
- Smooth the teased portion carefully with a flat brush, then gather all your hair into a low ponytail. Twist the tail upward toward the crown and secure loosely with bobby pins.
- Slide in a headband two inches from the hairline.
Colette Malouf headband.