Packing Light for a Weekend Trip
And Don’t Leave Home Without…
1. Super-compact sunnies: These shades fold down to palm-size.
To buy: American Eagle Outfitters plastic sunglasses, $10 each, ae.com.
2. Bandana: works as a headband, a hand towel, a hair tie, or a cover for yucky airline pillows.
3. Dental floss: also acts as an impromptu clothesline or sewing thread.
4. Duct tape: salvages broken luggage (or broken anything); removes lint; baby-proofs a hotel room.
5. Safety pins: fix missing buttons, broken zippers, and fallen hems; secure luggage zippers to deter thieves.
6. Travel mug: transports sunglasses or small delicate souvenirs; hides valuables in your hotel room.
7. Twist ties: repair broken necklaces or glasses; organize electronic cords.
8. Wet wipes: clean spilled toiletries; remove makeup and clothing stains; wipe down hotel remotes.
9. Zippered plastic bags: contain wet swimsuits or leaky liquids; can be blown up to cushion breakables.
Most Popular Galleries
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.