How to Keep Your Pair of Jeans Pristine
What you need to know to keep your white jeans white.
1. Before the first wear, spray all over with Scotchgard to ward off stains.
2. Be careful about pairing your jeans with a dark indigo jacket or a bright canvas handbag. Dyes may rub off on the white denim.
3. Wear just once or twice between washings. Overwearing without laundering causes a grayish tint.
4. Wash with other whites in warm water. Don’t overload the machine, since that can keep garments from rinsing thoroughly, and detergent residue can lead to yellowing.
5. If the jeans are still dingy after washing, soak them in warm water with a capful of color-safe bleach for 30 minutes.