Get the Perfect Fit
Experts advice on how to pick sizes and shapes for just the right fit.
The Right Fit for a Button-Down Shirt and Trousers
The first thing to scrutinize on a button-down shirt? The vertical seams, which should sit just where your shoulders meet
your arms. "You don't want them to droop," says Liz Lange, a designer for Target.
- Shoulders: "The seams should rest on the tops of the shoulders and along their edges," according to Constance White, a style director for eBay.
- Chest: "The placket should lie flat, with no pulls or puckers," says James Aguiar, cohost of Ultra HD's Full Frontal Fashion.
- Sleeves: Cuffs should fall just past the wrists and be tight enough that a bracelet won't fit underneath.
- Waistband: "With the pants' button closed, there should be room to slip your hand in flat against your body," says Clinton Kelly, cohost of the Learning Channel's What Not to Wear.
- Hips: The crotch should hang no more "than half an inch below your anatomical crotch," says Kelly.
- Hems: Generally, the hems should graze the tops of your shoes, about a half inch from the floor.
Most Popular Galleries
“A few months back, I posted about my nail-biting habit. I got many great ideas about how to quit from all of you. I thought I’d follow up and let you know that, although I have not kicked the habit...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
For young and middle-aged adults, marijuana use may lead to cardiovascular comp...
Our recipe for instant Spring can be pulled off in just a day - no time-consumin...
from POPSUGAR Home
You can now buy a six-pack of beer flavored lollipops. Yep, we're intereste...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When a young family moved into this 1930s house in Richmond, it was in need of ...