7 Pieces, 5 Outfits
A few well-chosen, versatile pieces can add up to multiple striking outfits.
The Secrets of a Mix-and-Match Wardrobe
Repeat offender? Not a chance. When you invest in clothes that can work overtime—like these items—and become savvier about mixing and matching, no one will think you’re rehashing the same old styles. We’ve created five outfits from the pieces here, but you’ll undoubtedly find even more ways to combine them.
The 7 Key Pieces
- Club Monaco silk shirt, $119, 212-459-9863.
- Diane von Furstenberg silk dress, $325, 646-486-4800.
- Nautica cotton cardigan, $49.50, 866-376-4184.
- Topshop wool jacket, $200, 212-966-9555.
- American Eagle Outfitters skinny jeans, $39.50, ae.com.
- The Limited tweed skirt, $70, thelimited.com.
- United Colors of Benetton polyester pants, $89, 800-535-4491 for stores.
How to Combine ThemAdd piece 2 to piece 4. See the results.
Add piece 1 to piece 3 and piece 5. See the results.
Add piece 1 to piece 4 and piece 6. See the results.
Add piece 2 to piece 3. See the results.
Add piece 1 to piece 7. See the results.
Everyone agrees embarrassment can be excruciating. But is the emotion all bad? Discover its surprising upside—and learn how to get over it more easily—with this expert advice for kids and adults.