Mini Wardrobe Emergency Kit
Keep these tiny tools on hand for minor clothing mishaps―from spills to splitting seams.
- A small can of Static Guard can rescue you from "creeping, clinging skirt" syndrome.
To buy: $2 at drugstores.
- Attach a tiny Swiss Army knife and a safety pin to your key chain, advises Audrey Smaltz, founder of Ground Crew, which manages the back-stage chaos at
fashion shows. These two tools are indispensable for speedy saves.
To buy: $18.50, swissarmy.com.
- Wet Ones moist towelettes leave minimal water rings and work on most stains, even makeup, says costume designer Mona May. Put a towel
under the stain to absorb the liquid, then pat; don't rub.
To buy: $2.50 at drugstores.
- This Mini Sewing Kit, packed with essentials, is about as big as a pack of gum.
To buy: $7, containerstore.com.
- A tiny Evercare travel-size Lint Pic-Up Adhesive Roller is handy and smaller than your palm.
To buy: $1 at drugstores.